Welcome to Year 5!
The class teachers are Mrs Hodge and Mrs Sneddon and they are supported in class by Mrs Tilbury and Mrs Carey.
Collectively we refine the children’s basic knowledge, skills and understanding and nurture the children’s academic discipline to enable them to persevere with challenging learning tasks to exceed their expectations of themselves and celebrate the joy of independent thinking and learning.
We welcome your support to:
- Make sure your child arrives on time to school.
- Maintain excellent attendance.
- Support your child in ensuring that they are fully equipped for the day.
- Help your child to take responsibility for completing their school jobs.
- Check that your child is dressed in the correct school uniform and has a full PE kit in school each day.
- Hear your child read regularly and write a positive comment in their diary.
- Provide a quiet space for your child to do their homework and support when necessary.
- Talk to your child about their day and encourage them to tell you about their learning.
- To further develop their independence, encourage your child to discuss any worries that they may have about school with me.
- Support our positive behaviour for learning policy by discussing appropriate behaviour with your child and ways to avoid / deal with confrontation.
- Support our eSafety policy by modelling and guiding your child to use technology appropriately, responsibly and safely.
Year 5 Staff
Latest News - view whole school
View all news