Welcome to the Year 4!
The class teacher is Miss Debnam who is supported in class by Miss James-Jarvis and Mrs Fawcitt.
Together the Reception and KS1 team we strive to ensure that your child’s learning journey is a unique and happy experience.
The focus throughout this year is to consolidate and secure basic knowledge, skills and understanding as well as nurturing respectful, confident, independent learners who are ready to take on the challenges of upper Key Stage 2.
We welcome your support to:
- Make sure your child arrives on time to school.
- Maintain excellent attendance.
- Support your child in ensuring that they are fully equipped for the day.
- Help your child to take responsibility for completing their school jobs.
- Check that your child is dressed in the correct school uniform and has a full PE kit in school each day.
- Hear your child read regularly and write a positive comment in their diary.
- Provide a quiet space for your child to do their homework and support when necessary.
- Talk to your child about their day and encourage them to tell you about their learning.
- To further develop their independence, encourage your child to discuss any worries that they may have about school with me.
- Support our positive behaviour for learning policy by discussing appropriate behaviour with your child and ways to avoid / deal with confrontation.
- Support our On-Line Safety policy by modelling and guiding your child to use technology appropriately, responsibly and safely.
Latest News - view whole school
View all news