Welcome to Year 2!
The class teacher is Miss Debnam.
We strive to consolidate and build on your child’s previous learning experience so that their knowledge, skills and understanding is embedded before moving into KS2.
Throughout this year your child’s progress will be carefully monitored and should Miss Debnam have any concerns regarding their learning journey then she will share her professional opinion with you so that in partnership you can work together to meet your child’s individual needs.
We welcome your support to:
- Make sure your child arrives on time to school.
- Maintain excellent attendance.
- Support your child in ensuring that they are fully equipped for the day.
- Help your child to manage their personal care needs independently.
- Check that your child is dressed in the correct school uniform and has a full PE kit in school each day.
- Hear your child read or read to your child daily and write a positive comment in their diary.
- Support your child’s learning journey at home and share home learning with the Year 2 staff.
- Talk to your child about their day and encourage them to tell you about their learning.
- Support our Positive Behaviours for Learning Policy and On-Line Safety Policy.
Latest News - view whole school
View all news
- Homework will be given out each Monday and must be returned on the following Monday morning
- 1-2 Pages CGP set weekly – Alternate weeks Grammar/Maths
- Weekly spelling lists (given in reading record)
- Daily reading – recorded in the diary
- Weekly practise of 2x, 5x and 10x tables
- PE lessons will be gymnastics on a Tuesday and games on a Friday